Tips from the team at Stagecoach to help you enjoy a week in Manchester, exploring by Megarider bus pass…
So, you’ve got a week’s holiday planned – and buying a Megarider bus pass from Stagecoach is your ticket to a week full of adventure. Whether you plan to spend your trip with the kids during half term, with your friends or with a group, here are a few of our suggestions:
- Monday: start your week on a high by taking a trip to the KICKair Indoor Freestyle Park. It’s perfect for children and big kids who want to relive their childhood. You’ll be far from bored at this venue – with trampolines, airbags, ninja courses, bouldering walls and much more, this will be a day to remember.
- Tuesday: after yesterday’s activities, have a lie in before relaxing with an evening of entertainment. Head to the Palace Theatre on Oxford Street to enjoy productions like Shrek The Musical or Sleeping Beauty as well as movie sing-alongs and tribute acts that range from Michael Jackson to The Beatles.
- Wednesday: if you’re a lover of all things history, why not take a trip to the Manchester Museum and immerse yourself in stories of culture from all around the world? From ancient artefact exhibitions to more modern collections, a trip to the museum will be a fun way to spend your day off.
- Thursday: get back into the swing of jumping and running around by attending Inflatanation, a giant inflatable theme park. Set yourself a challenge to climb the inflatable wall or duel with your partner in crime. Once you’ve battled it out, grab something to eat at the onsite café.
- Friday: are your kids a fan of CBBC? Take your little ones along to an interactive tour of the set at MediaCityUK – whether you’re excited to see to see the Blue Peter studio or the Newsround set, your little one gets to become a presenter for the day. This activity is always in high demand, so we recommend booking your tickets early.
- Saturday: if you’re a fan of Manchester City Football Club, today is your opportunity to explore the grounds. The Ethiad Stadium opens its doors to the public for tours, where special guests like Joe Corrigan and Nicky Weaver lead the way. If you’re more of a Manchester United fan, the Old Trafford also host tours for the public.
- Sunday: want to end your fun-filled week with something a little unconventional? Sharpen up your axe throwing skills in a competitive match with your friends and family; just make sure you hit the bullseye. Accompanied with great music, you’ll be a professional in no time with the help of Whistlepunks’ onsite staff.